Thursday, September 5, 2013

STRAWBERRY POUND CAKE

I was recently asked what gift I gave to the kids Sunday School teachers when I shared this teacher gift tag.

Behold--STRAWBERRY POUND CAKE!!

I'm not sure how I forgot to share this, because it is SO awesome. Thankfully, the folks at Duncan Hines remembered when they printed it on the side of the box, which is where I stumbled across this little gem.

If you need to give happiness or comfort to someone in the form of CAKE. This is it.

(I also said the same about this Mocha Cake a few months ago, both are stellar.)

(A girl can never have too many easy, knock-your-socks-off cakes in her arsenal, right?)

Okay, the recipe....1 pkg Duncan Hines Signature Strawberry Supreme Cake Mix
1 (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding
4 large eggs
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat to 350, grease and flour 10 inch bundt pan.***

Combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, water and oil. Beat at low speed until moistened, switch to medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in chips, pour into prepped pan.

Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothipick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes then transfer to wire cooling rack. Cool completely.


***I made this in small loaf pans for gift for our Sunday School teachers. I baked them for about 30 minutes, just keeping an eye on them. They make perfect gifts when baked this size!***

(I attached the printable teacher gift tags I posted in this post.)

For the frosting- I used ready made cream cheese frosting, heated for 20 seconds per label instructions and drizzled over the tops of my small cakes and the larger bundt when I've made that size. The original recipe calls for ready made butter cream, which I am sure is also tasty.

Enjoy!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment