Monday, December 2, 2013

Menu Monday #14

Okay, here we are getting the Christmas Season underway and it's back to another full week of menus for a variety of family meals this week.

Swiss Steak-using cube steak* (which my mom calls minute steak), put about 1 cup of flour in a pie plate or shallow pan, add salt and pepper then dredge steaks. Brown in a skillet with 1/4 to 1/2 inch hot vegetable oil and place in a baking dish. In a small bowl mix 1/1/2 cups tomato juice, 1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic salt, pepper and several hearty shakes of Worcestershire. Pour mixture over meat, cover with foil and bake at 350 for 2 hours. Serve over rice.

*I use venison instead of beef for this recipe because we always have plenty in the freezer. Pick up a beef cube steak at the grocery store if you don't have venison, but if you are like me and always looking for a way to cook deer--this is a good go-to recipe to have in your repertoire. 

Breakfast for Dinner-Tonight I'm using Hashbrown Casserole (from the freezer since I made extra last week), Eggs, Sausage and Biscuits and Gravy. I love this for busy nights because breakfast cooks so fast!

Soup from the freezer- We have Potato Soup and Dixie Stampede Creamy Vegetable. I'll grab one and thaw for tonight's dinner. Presto-dinner.

Cube Steak Roll-Up- Prepare a boxed stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile dredge cube steak* in 1 cup flour, salt and pepper then brown in a skillet of hot oil (just like the Swiss steak above). Lie steak flat, spoon stuffing onto steak and roll. Secure with a tooth pick and place in casserole dish. Dissolve 2 cubes of beef bullion in 2 cups of water and add to baking dish, bake covered at 350 for 90 minutes.

*This is another night I'll be using venison instead of beef and this is a classic way to cook venison for the family. I'm thinking about experimenting with some variations of this over the weekend and if any are worth sharing, I'll share them here.

Taco Night- I'm just using our family's favorite taco kit and ground chicken tonight. Can't beat it.


No comments:

Post a Comment