Monday, January 23, 2017

Seasonal Reads for the Family- Valentine's Day Books

Okay with a 1st Grade boy and a Preschool girl we read ALOT at our house. I love Christmastime because we have 20-30 Christmas books to choose from so the stories of the season never get old.

Now that Christmas decorations are all packed away and we are decorating for Valentine's Day I wanted to add to our seasonal library. Here are my picks for Valentine's Day reading for young readers! I'm already loving what we've gotten!






Pinkalicious: Pink of Hearts This one comes with a poster and punch out Valentine exchange cards!


Happy Valentine's Day, Charlie Brown! This Reader is under $3!


Pete the Cat's Groovy Guide to Love Both of my kids love Pete the Cat and I can't wait to read these with them!


Alvin and the Chipmunks: A Chipmunk Valentine I'm sure Alvin and the gang will be a treat for my boy and girl reader.

Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink Something tells me Jay is really going to like this one.....

The Berenstain Bears' Valentine Blessings (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights) this one is another one with stickers so I am sure it will be a hit with girls!

SO there you have it, fun characters we know well and cute stories to celebrate the season of love, friendship and kindness. Perfect picks for beginner readers and bedtime stories. I especially love that many of them have activities and stickers to make giving these books as gifts even more special! I hope y'all enjoy some of these as much as we are! Let me know what other books are popular with your family--I love getting ideas from friends too!

No comments:

Post a Comment