Monday, January 27, 2014

Doing What's Needed

(alternately titled: Dear Diary, It's Monday and I'm Not Cooking.....#nofilter)

There's no Menu Monday this week. No tips and tricks coming from the kitchen.

In the interest of honesty- we've got a lot going on with our little family--some great and fun things to look forward to and some less than great days recently.

I truly believe that the places you invest your energy 
will be the sources from which your energy can be drawn when you need it

Right now, I'm investing lots of energy into these two bundles of joy.

There are no less than 100 things I should be doing his afternoon.

But I just had to stop and do what was needed.

Some time outside to break in Lizzy's new boots was needed.

Swinging in the sunshine was needed.



The kids and I had plans to go to Nashville for the weekend, then my mom was hospitalized Thursday. It just worked out that I needed to go, so I went ahead and took them with me. I didn't have a real plan, I only knew I would work it out somehow. Lizzy and I took turns visiting the hospital while Charles kept Jay at his house so he didn't have to go to the hospital. It's been an exhausting few days, so we're just doing what needs to be done....eating soup, snacking on cereal and trying to breathe deeply this week.

Mom's home again, there are some new issues with her health, but it's all treatable with medications. I don't mention her illness much, but I know some people may know bits and pieces through Facebook, so I wanted to include a little about what's been going on.

Someday maybe I'll talk about the last few years with mom in a less vague sense. If you know us personally then you may know all of the unfortunate details--thanks for that-your care and concern have meant so much

We're all doing well and for that we should all be thankful! Even a bad day isn't all that bad when you have hope for the future.

We do have lots of fun ahead over the next few months and I can't wait to share that here too!


Have a wonderful and meaningful week!





No comments:

Post a Comment