Saturday, November 2, 2013

Lots of Thanks and littles giving

Behold! We've entered the sweet season of GRATITUDE and BLESSINGS!

Gone are the bats, ghosts and candy-coma extravaganzas.
(Sorry y'all Halloween just isn't my bag.)

So, I'm sharing a fun little gift tag I'm using to share fun treats with people in our lives for whom we're grateful for....

teachers, nursery workers, friends, neighbors, helpers at school....

maybe you can print them and use them to tell someone you're thankful for them, too.



And, I wanted to share with you a very simple way I'm getting the kids into giving as well.

I drop Jay off in carpool at school. Except for Fridays when they both go to school. On Fridays we walk in through the lobby so that I can take Jay to class and then drop Lizzy at MDO. Donations to the church food pantry are left in the lobby and Jay asked about them.


So, this week I picked up the items they are collecting and let Jay and Lizzy drop them off on Friday on the way in to school.


Because we can, we do.

I want them to know that now and always, always participate in giving whenever and however they can.


Some simple truth that has been pounded into my heart lately-
15And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. 16Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. 17And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.
Colossians 3:15-17

I hope that these words can be at the forefront of my thoughts. I pray these instructions will guide my decisions, plans and reactions. In this season of thankfulness and giving, let's put these words into action and carry them with us throughout the year.

Let us represent the Lord in our actions. Let us be his hands and feet at work-no matter how small they may be.



No comments:

Post a Comment