Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Just for fun

There are a few little things I don't want to miss out on, so I thought I'd put them all together in one fun, albeit assorted post.

Sweet Lizzy after church on Sunday just hanging out while I cooked lunch. 



I just love her in this dressy-dress, she rarely wears smocked anything!

I put together an easy week of meals so that I could tackle some more holiday prep and enjoy this week before we're fully into winter and the holidays. Somehow I found myself with 70 from-scratch cookies cooling while Jay was at school on Monday. What is wrong with me??

There are yummy. Just ask Lizzy. 

It pays to hang out near mom when we're in the kitchen. (Which we usually are...)

We went to a fun birthday party for Eden at CHOM over the weekend. The kids had a wonderful time--I think we'll be back sooner than later. 


After the party we just kind of hung around in T-town all afternoon and Jay and Dad even explored the Veteran's Memorial Plaza and checked out the armory equipment, even though it was already dark out. 

I put up the 3 upstairs Christmas trees on Friday. Turns out Sweet Lizzy was completely and totally terrified of the trees. 

After about 10 minutes of absolute hysterics she did get a single twinkle light in her hand and sing "Happy Birthday to You" and try to blow out the light over and over. and over. So, we'l say she adjusted. 

She's fine with the trees now, but you can see Jay was happy as can be right away. 

He laid under his tree and stared up through the lights and ornaments forever. Ahhh, youth. 


We've been doing our best to play outside and enjoy the weather. The treehouse and abundance of leaves are making it easy.



Jay was so proud of the stack he made.

I was too until he made another stack and climbed on top and was literally standing 3 1/2 feet in the air on a wobbly-teetering-tower-of-broken-arm-waiting-to-happen. The boxes have been retired from this year's holiday lineup. Maybe next year. Maybe 2023. 

No comments:

Post a Comment