Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter Morning and Easter Fun

We had an absolutely beautiful Easter Morning and I hope you and your family did too!

We started well before dawn with goodies from the Easter Bunny, some shows on JellyTelly all about Easter and then a hunt in the front yard once the sun came up.

We got ready for church to celebrate the most glorious gift of love, the miracle of a risen savior. 





Church was wonderful and nearly brought both Lizzy and I to happy tears.



I have to say one of the more joyful moments of the morning was getting to church and seeing that the flowers hadn't fallen. 

This was the first year I have been on the Flower Guild for Easter. One of my assignments were these arrangements on the main doors of our sanctuary.

They were beautiful and somewhat heavy and I was less than confident when I left the church on Saturday that they would make it through the night.



But Glory be! 
They survived. I literally breathed a sigh of relief as crested the hill to church and could see them as we approached. 

After church we had lunch with Joseph's family then came home to spend the rest of the day eating candy and complaining of tummy aches. 


I will say the lunch was tasty and I made a delicious potato salad!

And I can't forget Lizzy's sweet Easter party on Thursday! I realized when I left that this is her last preschool party--and MINE! Oh, what a happy time it has been!

 

I hope you and your family had a wonderful weekend, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment