Friday, January 4, 2013

Nine {lizzy}

Lizzy's 9th month can be summed up on one word--CHANGE.
Weight: 23 pounds
Height: 29.75 inches
Sizes: 18 Month, 4 diapers, 5 shoe

She had a great 9 month appointment and we got the green light to start the transition to whole milk and table food. Since Lizzy is my daughter--we went with my standard way of changing things--right off the deep-end.

Yes, the week of Christmas I took my sweet, happy 9 month old off of the bottle, off of formula and switched to table food--and we all survived. In retrospect it might have been smarter to wait a week when we weren't traveling, Christmasing, teething and otherwise stressing Lizzy out. Hindsight is 20/20 and she did well it's over now. Actually, I'm teasing, she really did great with all that we had going on. I did the same with Jay and it was fine, so I knew in the end Lizzy would be fine. I think the difference was that Lizzy had been drinking formula from a bottle and juice from a cup (whereas Jay didn't have juice until he was 2) so when I replaced a bottle of formula with a cup of milk she was ticked that it wasn't juice. (While we were in Nashville I gave her some juice in her cup and she was all smiles again, but once we got home no more juice. Lots of fussy but she has come to terms with it.) I will give her juice again, just not until she is older. Sorry, sis.

Now that we're off the bottle and formula and on to table food she's trying new things and adding more "approved" foods every few days. She loves yogurt. She's also had applesauces, oatmeal, biscuits, bagels, graham crackers, crackers, goldfish, chicken nuggets, meatballs, meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, chinese (homemade), beef stroganoff, spaghetti, sweet potatoes, baked potatoes, avacado and chicken salad. She will tolerate a banana if you mash it up with crushed up graham crackers, but that is really the only fruit I can get her to eat--hopefully we'll add more by the next post. (sorry to bore, but I don't remember what I fed jay at this stage and I want to record it if there is ever a third baby. I am sure I"ll have completely lost my mind by the time that child is eating table food and I may need a guide.)

Two top teeth are making their grand entrance today! We've all lost some sleep over these two, but it looks like they'll be worth it--they are whoppers. You can see them under her gums in this picture--they finally came through tonight before bed.

She sleeps most nights, but sees 3 a.m. more often than I would like. We moved the good rocker into her room so I can try to rock her and sleep--so far it hasn't really helped because she isn't accustomed to being rocked (second kid syndrome?). She's actually sleeping a little better since coming off of the bottle, which seems like it would be the opposite.

What else is different? Look-hair! Headbands are optional now. We can get a decent sized bow to stay in her hair alone so we don't have to rely on the bow to support our bigger bows, but still rock them for our biggest bow days.

We've also moved her crib all of the way down and she has graduated to the BIG carseat (still rear facing).

She's also really liking brushing her teeth lately. Let's hope it continues this way forever!

Great job with all of these changes, Liz! This next month should only be about changes you decide on--like pulling up and standing and what you will and will not eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment