Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Naptime Project: First Time Bow-Making

While at Hobby Lobby this week I ran across this brochure about bow making. Ribbon was half-off, so I decided I would give it a whirl. If it didn't work out I could always use the ribbon when I make Lizzy's bow holder, so I had nothing to lose.

Here are the results from my first attempt...

 I learned quite a bit by just playing around with these and using the basic instructions from the booklet. No plans to become a professional bow maker, but these will work and I needed these colors for a few outfits we may wear in the hospital and didn't want to wait on having them custom made. I think it's a win.

One note-the pink/purple/white bow is the Triple-Stack bow from the brochure and I used the Xyron to fuse the ribbons together. This bow is pretty heavy due to that step.I think for a tiny baby I would skip the Xyron step and just use single layers at least on the solid colors where the front/back are the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment