Saturday, April 23, 2011

Too easy to keep to myself

This fast, easy bread recipe is too good--I had to share it. 

1 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I've used regular, olive oil mayo and reduced fat and they all work)
~ 1/4 cup milk or buttermilk

This makes 1 dozen basic rolls, then add flavor as you like...
Spray muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. I'm really not sure how long, but just eyeball it. 

I added salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and shredded sharp cheddar to the dough, topped with a few more shreds of cheese and made these--

I've also melted a few tablespoons of butter in a ramekin, added brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon and swirled into the dough for a very quick breakfast. The possibilities are endless really-herbs, boursin cheese, chocolate chips, raisins and cinnamon, berries, etc.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment