Friday, October 19, 2012

Busy B's

We have been busy, busy, busy the last few weeks. Here is a brief blurb about some of our happenings.

Boxes, Boxes, Boxes!
 We moved into NEW HOUSE! I tried to keep the camera handy on moving day(s) to take some pics of the process of moving with a 2 and 1/4 year old and a 6 month old. Turns out, it ain't pretty and this was the only photo I took. Lizzy taking her evening nap in the stroller as we (joseph, jay, dede, jenn, jorge, joaquin, gustav and myself) tried with all of our might to get things all moved in for our first night at new house (October 2).
We continue to unpack.

BEACH!




4 days after moving into our house (that we'd been dreaming of for 11 months) we went to the beach. Genius, I know. But it was much needed and a great getaway with Charles, Karla, Kelsey and CJ. Lizzy's very first trip to the beach and Jay's second. Everything was great!!

Bulldogs...

We came home to two sick bullies. Both with ear infections and Gus has a cough and a runny nose. Seriously, as if I haven't got enough going on and other noses to wipe--I'm following a 70 pound bulldog around with a boogie wipe! They're both on the mend, never fear.

Big Boy

Jay has basically completed potty training himself. (sigh) I really don't think I can avoid it any longer, he's been wearing undies at home for weeks with no accidents, so this week I let him wear them when we ran errands too. No accidents. Today he even went diaper-free at school and (again) no accidents. No #2 in the potty yet, but we're close. (toot-toot-toot).((this was the note I sent to Mrs. Beth as a warning. This is how we communicate at our school--notes clipped to his tote bag--I think its highly effective and ensures you keep it brief.))

Bonkers!

We totally love lots of things about our new neighborhood-not the least of which is our Western Market. (where.they.have.these.tiny.carts.) So, today after school was Jay's first visit, he immediately spotted them.  We only needed three things so I decided to go for it--I carried Lizzy and Jay did the shopping. Let's say we got more than the three things we needed and every soul in the store knew Jay's name by the time we made it to the checkout because they heard me correcting guiding his shopping the whole way. Clearly, I've gone bonkers.

Bama!



We took the kids to the condo for the afternoon before the Ole Miss game. We left T-town before kickoff, but Jay thinks that we went to the game. :) Soon, little fella, soon you'll know.

Boo!

Halloween is upon us and I took the kids to the Fall Festival at Mountain Chapel Methodist last weekend (yes, the day after we returned from the beach). Jay had a blast jumping, sliding, and playing games. More fall fun to come! How cute are these SheSheMade outfits?!?!?! Be still my heart.

****I promise to post more details about all of these events soon, along with a tour of New House for those who want to see and are asking. But now I must try to tackle a few more to-do's for today and continue our quest to get settled in. Thanks for keeping up and catching up with us!!****


No comments:

Post a Comment