Saturday, August 6, 2011

12 Months!

This pretty much tells you how our monthly photo shoot went. Thanks for the memories, PickyStickers--I think we've had all the fun we're going to have. 

Jay's 1 year check-up went great--27 pounds, 32.5 inches tall and 49 cm around his head. 95th percentile in all three and Dr. Malone reports that his Daddio's stature has definitely presented itself. 
Clothes: 18 month, a few things are already too small, we're moving into 24 month quickly.
Shoes: Have only worn them once since Easter.
Diapers: This is our last pack of size 4. I debated moving up last time I bought and now wish I would have, but we only have a few days left so we'll manage. 
Teeth: 11! Including 3 molars
Not walking independently but today took 3-4 steps on 3 different occasions. 
New words/sounds
MAMA!!! Finally, just a few days before his birthday as a gift to me. Thanks, Buddy. You'll never know how overjoyed I was to hear you say it. 
KAR-LA (always screamed at the top of his lungs. Sometimes when Karla is here, sometimes when she isn't.)
Papa
He "clicks" as if he's getting a horse to giddyup or to call the dogs or Dada. "Dada, click-click" "Guuuh, click-click"
We're having lots of fun these days, Jay is learning how to pretend and try to trick me when it comes to going to sleep and eating. He's also great at hiding in the curtains and has loved playing with all of his new toys and books he received for his birthday. He also passes the time in some unexpected ways, but has fun no matter what and remains the happiest child I've ever known. 


He is able to get in and out of his new (35-year-old) rocker himself. I'm amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment