Sunday, February 13, 2011

Six-and-a-half and a little snow!

Finally got a snow pic of the casa this year.

The 6 1/2 month mark has been a milestone for changes around here.....

We have switched from 4 bottles and 2 meals to 3 bottles and 3 meals and Jay has done great! I wanted to go ahead and eliminate one bottle so we would get accustomed to 3 "meals" a day and pave the way for additions to Jay's diet. We're doing cereal or oatmeal and 1 fruit in the morning, bottle 2 hours later, nap, 1/2 meat, 1 veggie at lunch, bottle around 2:30, nap, dinner around 5:30 or 6 with the other half of the lunch meat (turkey and rice, chicken with veggies, etc) and another veggie for dinner, bottle at 7:45 to bed at 8.

That's 4 baby food items and 3- 8oz. bottles. I am writing all of this as a record for the next child, so I will remember when we were eating 3 meals a day.

He also moved from the tiny tub to the "toddler" tub this week. Whoa. Lots of toys and a recent discovery that he can stand up if he really wants too. We have Garden Tubs in both bathrooms on the main level, so bathtimes have been a bit of a challenge since I moved him from the sponge at 6 weeks old. I am sure once I get it figured out then it will be time to switch again, no biggie.

Oh, and let's not forget mommy's least favorite--the ending of the swaddle. Jay has become so active in his bed that I have decided to forgo the swaddling technique I have used since day one. He is rolling and schooching in bed so much now that I think I spend more time wondering if I should unwrap the blankie from his head than he actually spends swaddled. He is great at getting himself to sleep and for now we are doing no blankie or sleep sack of any kind, just jammies like a big boy.


Another change was my decision to remove the bumper pads, but on day one, I put him in his bed for less than 3 minutes to let the dogs out and this is what I found.


NO THANKS! Plus, I think it really looked like baby jail without the pads so back on they went. I am searching out a convertible car seat so Jay can still remain rear facing, but get in a bigger seat. He is within an inch of the height limit of his infant carrier. So, a-shoppin' we will go.

In the meantime Jay has become quite the play mate...here's a peek.



I told Gus that I was putting together a new toy, so don't look confused. He missed the memo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment