Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Whats In Store Summer's Coming and Swim Cover Up Advice

Welcome Back to week 2 of What's In Store!

It's a new blog series that allows me to shop with you where you are--and see what we find together. 

Before I show you what I was looking for this week, first let me thank you for your support. 

Last week's post was so fun to put together and even more fun sharing with y'all. 

The comments on facebook and Instagram were great and I got some good suggestions about real things you want to see. So, thank you for coming along on this ride and for commenting. 

Sometimes its nice to know someone is reading your words, otherwise it just seems like a whole lot of trouble to go in order to talk to yourself. :) 

Okay, so on to this week and What's In Store--
(If you want to go back and check out last week's post and a little explanation of what we're about to do click here

Also, some real-life info about real-life me:
I'm a size 8 approximately 17% of the time. 
I'm a size 10 usually about 74% of the time. 
I'm a size 12 about 26% of the time. 
I was never good at math. :)

This typically makes me a size Large, so that's your reference point. 

I'm 5'8" and I would love to tell you I weigh 136 pounds. I don't, but I'd still love to tell you that. 

I'm a summertime girl. 
You will never hear me say, "Yay! It's officially boots, jeans and cozy sweater season!!"

Other things I won't say while we're checking out What's In Store:
1. "I sized up to a small."
2. "At $148 this top is a steal!"
3. "I can't wait to wear this blanket scarf with my Hunter Boots!"

I will never, ever suggest we wear $100 slippers or carry $300 tote bags to the pool.
While those things might be normal for some people, you won't find any of that here. I just go shopping where I like to shop and where others like me might like to shop and we see What's In Store. 

So here we go....

This week I was in TJ Maxx (Brook Highland on 280 in Birmingham, AL) and really had beach-brain.
Y'all.
I never buy long dresses but they had such a great selection that I was drawn over and I loved this one!
 

It makes me want to go to dinner in Maui or on a cruise (which will never happen because I don't think Joseph will ever get on a boat that he isn't driving!)
I tried on a Large and it was just right.

I wanted to look for some coverups for throwing on to take the kids to the pool and beach and to wear on the boat when we go in and out of bars  restaurants. 

I first tried on this Michael Kors Striped Day dress. 


It was okay, but not what I needed. If the sleeves on this were different I would have bought it just to wear anytime. It was well made and comfortable, but I am not a fan of this short sleeve.
Sleeveless? Always.
3/4 sleeve? Sure!
Short and cap sleeves are not my friend. 
Moving on!

Then I remembered talking with a friend last week at the pool and she said she always goes to the junior department at TJ Maxx to get coverups. The dresses in the junior's department are usually cheaper and the length is right for a cover up, so here we go....



she was right! I found 2 cute options and they were both 16.99 or less! I did a large in the striped dress and an XL in the off the shoulder tassel dress (top?)

I have to say, this may be the best 7.99 purchase I've found



Its a Mossimo shirt, but it will make a great cover up for the boat. Its a heathered slub tee with these huge slits in the side. It's just what I need to have in my boat bag!
Also, I ran into another friend while I was on my way to the dressing room (Hey, Liz!) and she mentioned that she had this top and loves it.

So, that was quick and easy and fun! I found a great dinner/summer/cruise/vacation dress and three cute, simple cover up options in no time. Nothing over $25 and they had tons of each of these at this TJ Maxx right near the front. Head in this weekend and I'll bet you can see them there. (I tried to find them online for you but had no luck, but I did see lots more cute things on the TJ Maxx website that I may try soon!)

Let me know what you're shopping for and we can shop together in next Thursday's What's In Store post!!





No comments:

Post a Comment